Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Been awhile

So, it's been awhile since my last post. 

I guess it's because I think no one bothers to read my thoughts in the vast expanse that is the Internet.  That and my life is pretty boring and I'm not running off to change the world.

So, my D&D campaign came to an end about a month ago or so.  The party defeated Lolth - or so they think.  I'll let them have their victory over the Spider Queen and won't tell them that she's just been Imprisoned somewhere in the Outer Planes by Aielwyn :)  Fi (the party Ranger), will have, by this time found that out since she's Ascended.

Started up my new campaign and am more-or-less winging it and making shit up as I go along.  Much easier and creative than trying to run a module.  But, modules still have their place and are extremely fun if you get your hands on the right one.  The new group is made up of a Lawful Good Fighter/Wizard, a Chaotic Good Ranger, a Neutral Good Wizard, and a Chaotic Good Barbarian.  Then there's Aurora, the Lawful Good NPC Cleric of Fi (the new Goddess in the pantheon).  On deck to be created is an Elven Rogue that will be working with the party.

So far it's gone really well.  The party gets along well and there's a willingness to both work together and to remain cohesive through the adventure.

Hmm, what else.

Oh, so, like many people in the civilized world, I have a Facebook account.  Recently one of the younger ladies who sometimes pops into my feed (met her at a Gaming Con and added her) whining about her life.  I guess this tends to bother me a bit.

First, you're not even 20 yet.  You live at home.  You have no real bills.  You have maybe a car payment, gas, insurance and a phone.  You don't pay homeowners/renters insurance.  You don't work a thankless and shitty job.  You don't buy groceries.  You don't generally have a care in the world. 

Shut the fuck up.  You don't have the right to even complain.  How horrible can your life be?  Oh, did you have to do homework today?  Did you have to sit in class and draw?  Oh, you poor poor thing.  Get the fuck over it.  Remember the $150 I gave you for commissions for the NPC's in my previous game?  Yeah.. still don't have them.  Why has it taken 7 months to not get sketches to me?  Oh, that's right, because you're fucking lazy.  One day when you grow the fuck up out of your own selfish little world, you'll see how hard life really is.

/soapbox

Drive to California tomorrow afternoon to pick up the rest of my stuff that I had to leave behind when I moved to Fargo, North Dakota.  Yes, if you're wondering, it really does suck as much as the movie.

There is no food culture here.  None.  There are no geographical features.  No hills or mountains.  There's hardly any fucking trees.  Just flat and endless nothingness.  There's really nothing to do here other than drink (which everyone seems to do), smoke cigarettes (which everyone seems to do), or smoke weed (which a lot of people seem to do).  The only places that suck a little less are Bismarck (to the west) and Minneapolis to the east - which is called 'The Cities' - like it's some Mecca at the end of the known world.

Which, I suppose it is.  It's the only place for probably 400 miles in any direction with any kind of culture.

Don't get me wrong, the people here are (by and large) pretty nice folks.  They just don't have any concept of what life is like outside of the Fargo area.

Ah well.  I'll get my fill of being a Californian again this weekend and then make the 1800 mile drive BACK again.

No comments:

Post a Comment